Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has released The Telecom Commercial Communications Customer Preference Regulations, 2018 (Regulation) in July 2019 in its continuous endeavour to create a cleaner and transparent system in the India telecom industry and to curb Unsolicited Commercial Communication (UCC) along with enhance mobile subscriber policy. The new regulation can be accessed through https://main.trai.gov.in/sites/default/files/RegulationUcc19072018.pdf
This has mandated the use of block chain technology also known as Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) to implement the solution. All operators have already implemented the DLT system (Block chain technology) and first phase of the regulation is to register all Entity/Enterprise on New platform, which is mandatory.
TINIYO is already registered as Telemarketer on operator's DLT platform and we need / request you to proactively engage in this and register through the following link(s) as Principle Entity (Enterprise) to comply with the new regulation. Please note that anyone who fails to register will become non-complaint. We request you to complete the registration as early as possible.
DLT Registration portal:
Registration Process – For end customers
Phase 1: Entity / Enterprise Registration:
Entity/Enterprise (Sender) registration includes details of KYC (Know Your Customer) documents. The process has been designed for an easy and quick completion. Your organization will get a Unique Entity ID post registration (a fee of INR 5,900, must be paid to the first operator to complete the registration process). We have provided link for Entity registration manual, which will help you to easily register on DLT platform.
You would also need to ask your customers to register the same, In case if your customer does not have the requested company documents like PAN number, Aadhar Card(ID’s in India) , the messages will need to go on the India ILDO routes .
- For Aggregator to deliver domestic brand’s traffic to India, you will have to first register as a “Telemarketer aggregator” in the DLT portal.
- Once you create a Unique Entity ID, your customer will update this in their DLT portal along with their sender ID and Headers.
- Similarly, we will share our Unique Entity ID with Aggregator, which needs to updated in your DLT portal.
- Aggregator will have to map each sender ID (header) of the customer to the ICS’s Unique Entity ID (in Aggregator’s DLT portal).
- Similarly, Aggregator should provide your Unique Entity ID and the customer’s Unique Entity ID as we need to update in our DLT portal.
- This way ICS can terminate the Aggregator customer’s traffic on local routes.
Feel free to reach out @Support if you have any questions.